what you will need:
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup pace picante sauce
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 - 3 cups of chopped cooked chicken (seasoned with whatever you like)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (6"), warmed
- 1 can of refried black beans, warmed
1. stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl.
2. stir 1 cup of picante sauce mixture, chicken and 1 cup of cheese in a large bowl.
3. spread desired amount of black beans on a tortilla, then place desired amount of chicken mixture on top of the beans. roll them up and place, seam-side up in a greased 2 qt. shallow baking dish.
4. pour remaining picante mixture over filled tortillas, cover with remaining cheese, and cover with aluminum foil.
5. bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbly.
6. garnish with sour cream and lettuce.
although the finished product did not photograph well, they were amazing.