Quesadilla Explosion Salad
- 1 big bag of leafy greens (with purple tipped lettuce)
- 4 roma tomatoes (chopped to bite sized pieces.)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (only the green leafy parts, chopped)
- 1 can of mexicorn
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (reserve 1 cup for quesadillas)
- tortilla shells (small, taco sized)
- crushed tortilla chips (topping)
- fat free honey dijon dressing
- 2 limes
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts
- fajita spices for chicken
1. butterfly chicken and rub with desired seasonings cook in 3 - 4 tablespoons of EVOO until done. cut into strips and set aside to cool.
2. in a large bowl combine lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes, mexicorn, black beans, and one cup of cheese and toss all together.
3. spray a nonstick pan with cooking oil and place on shell in the pan, cover with cheese, and place another shell ontop and spray with cooking spray, flip when it looks done enough for your liking - cut into four triangles.
4. in a small bowl combine honey dijon dressing with the fresh juice of one lime and stir.
5. assemble salad on a large plate in this order - salad mixture, crushed tortillas, chicken, squeeze a little lime juice over salad, drizzle with honey dijon lime dressing, place cheese quesadilla triangles around the salad.
picture courtesy of google images.